06 February 2012

First Ride of the Year

Early last week I got a text from my good friend, Greg asking if I wanted to ride on Saturday if the weather was good.

As you can see in the photo collage below, the weather was fantastic. We grabbed our friend, Scott, and took off for a planned 30+ mile ride.


Well, a couple of flats shortened our distance, but it still was great to get out so early in the year. Apparently we weren't the only ones with the same idea. While we were sitting at an intersection, a club group of about 20 guys comes up behind us. Pretty good to get thay many out on a club ride in February.

I also took out a couple of items that I recieved at Outdoor Retailer for a test ride: Smith Optics PivLock V2 glasses, and a LifeProof bike mount. Full reviews on both products are coming soon. But, let me quickly say that both worked great! I love the glasses, and the mount securely and conveniently held my phone.

If this is what 6 more weeks of winter looks like, I won't complain.

No comments: