03 May 2013

It's Like it was Meant to Be...

Today I had an epiphany. It wasn't as painful as it sounds.

What are two things that would be great together – aside from the obvious answer of frozen banana slices and dark chocolate?

Yummy, but absolutely not worth the price.

Bike Share and Bicycle Benefits!

 +

There are a couple of reasons that this is a potential match made in two-wheeled heaven: Most of the participating Bicycle Benefits locations (at least here in SLC) are in the downtown area – the same area that the GreenBikeSLC stations are located. And, if you purchase the annual membership, they give you a free helmet – You’re supposed to put the Bicycle Benefits sticker on your helmet.

See! It’s like it was meant to be!

Only one problem…

I went over to my favorite downtown local bike shop that is a participant in the Bicycle Benefits program, and they told me that they are out of the stickers, and have been for a while. They also said that someone else had been in recently to get a sticker (apparently, inspiration didn’t strike me first), and that person couldn’t find any stickers anywhere in the city.

I was going to put a public call-out to the Bicycle Benefits people to get some stickers back in stock, but I just got an email from them saying that they are working on reviving the program in SLC. So soon, you will be able to ride a bike share bike to your favorite downtown establishment, present your helmet, and enjoy a discount. Sounds perfect to me!
btw... I'll be writing about the GreenBikeSLC system sometime next week.

No comments: