28 January 2011

Photo of the day

My mom, circa 1978-ish. She's going to be happy to see that I posted this picture online (not!)

If you notice, the bike she is sitting on has a steering wheel.  For the longest time I thought that this was a custom addition by someone, but I have since found that it was produced in this form by Huffy in the late 60's - early 70's called "The Wheel" (catchy name).


I still have this bike, in a shed behind my mom's house.  It's in pretty rough shape.  One of these days, I need to pull it out and restore it.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Where in the world did you find that picture? Not totally unhappy; there are a lot worse pictures you could have posted.
As an update on the bike ... it actually was a custom addition by someone. Your Dad's Uncle Edgar in Rigby kind of tinkered around repairing bikes as a hobby, and he added the stirring wheel from a junkyard car just for a novelty.

Anonymous said...

http://cdn.epicski.com/a/a8/a8440b02_Huffybike.jpeg