10 March 2011

#IRideaBikeBecause

For those of you who don’t use the Twitter, there are things called “hashtags” that are used to categorize tweets so people (twits?) can find all the tweets about a certain subject easily.

Okay, enough with the lesson time.

Today, while strolling through twitter, I came across a tweet with the hashtag “#IRideaBikeBecause”. Clicking on the hashtag gave me the list of all the tweets that included #IRideaBikeBecause.

Reading through the list, there were some great reasons people gave:
“it never gets easier, I just get faster”
“it doesn’t matter what time of day it is, the commute time is always the same”
“I get to feel smug around people stuck in cars in traffic”
“it’s free, it’s fun, and it keeps you in shape”
“it’s an awesome way to live”
“I enjoy it”
“it takes me away from the pressures of the modern world”
And so on…

To add my voice to the list, I would have to say #IRideaBikeBecause of the feeling of freedom. It’s the closest we can get to flying without leaving the ground.

Why do you ride a bike?

No comments: