18 April 2011

Update - 30 Days of Biking

Well, April is more than half over. Might as well post an update to my 30 Days of Biking goal.

Unfortunately, I have missed a few days this month.

Cycling on vacation is easy - if you're just going on vacation to be somewhere else. When the wife and I were in St. George, I had no problem squeezing in a ride each day because we didn't have any set plans. But, if you are going on vacation to visit family, it gets a little more complicated. There were several nights that we didn't get back to the hotel until well after dark, and up early the next day to go visit family, or to head out to visit the ancestral homestead in Happy Camp, CA (yes, it is a real place, look it up).

One night, I did take a few laps around the hotel just to satisfy the day's biking, and I did bike to my brother-in-law's house for breakfast. But, even that wasn't always convenient or easy to do.

I am not considering this 30 Days of Biking a failure, however. I am not stopping at the end of April. I am going to continue my goal of biking daily into May, June etc... I may miss a day every now and then due to schedules and unavoidable problems. But I plan to be on my bike every day I can.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: