18 January 2013

...I'll Still Ride My Bike.

I don’t talk a lot (almost not at all) about doping here. Not because I feel like if it isn’t mentioned, it didn’t happen, more because I would rather just focus on other things.

That being said, here is a link to the transcript from Oprah’s interview of Lance last night. I’m not going to break it down, or give a play-by-play. There are many, many other people out there who have already done that, and did a much better job than I could.

One last thing – I didn’t start riding because I was trying to emulate a certain pro rider, and I’m not going to stop riding because the sport is seemingly in a nosedive. The bike is more than the sport, and the sport does not define the bike. I’ll still put on the Lycra and go on long road rides, I’ll still commute when I can, and I’ll still go on rides with my kids and girlfriend. Not because of some professional, but because of the love of riding.

I'll still ride my bike.

No comments: