19 April 2011

Things I Like: Pearl Izumi Barrier Lobster Glove


A more accurate title for this post would be things I really, really want.

I previously mentioned my ride on April 9th at the FrontRunner Century, and how numbingly cold, wet, and miserable it was. I also briefly mentioned the interaction I had with the SAG truck from Canyon Bicycles.

I want to sing the praises of Canyon Bicycles and Pearl Izumi. I was suffering alone, with fingers so cold that I couldn't hardly bend them. I stopped on the side of the road to warm my digits in my armpits, when the SAG truck rolled up. They asked if everything was okay. I told them the bike was fine. The only problem was I couldn't feel my fingers any longer. The person in the passenger seat opened up a bag and handed me a pair of Pearl Izumi lobster claw gloves, and said "you promise to give them back after the ride?" I traded my old gloves for the lobster claws, and immediately feeling and warmth returned to my hands.

The split finger design still allows me to opperate my brakes and shifters, but still pairs up the fingers for warmth. Plus, you can flash the Vulcan "live long and prosper" hand sign with ease.

I haven't returned the gloves yet, since we immediately left for California after the ride, but I will take them back with a grateful thanks.

The Barrier Lobster gloves retail on the Pearl Izumi site for $70. Go to www.pearlizumi.com for more info.

My old gloves? They are dead to me. I'll tell the shop to chuck them when I return their gloves.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: