14 June 2011

2011 Tour de Cure - A Great Weekend!

Saturday was the Tour de Cure here in Utah.

The weather couldn’t have been better. Light breeze, fluffy clouds, no rain! As one person told me on the route. “whoever sold their soul for the good weather this year, it was well worth it!”

This was also my friend Greg’s first century.

I don’t want to bore anyone with a turn-by-turn recap of the ride. So I’ll just say that we both completed the century route. Had a great time, and will do it again.

I didn’t take many pictures on the route – since my phone was occupied running the Cardio Trainer app, mapping our progress, but Kelly did get some pictures as we came in.

I love this rest stop. It appeals to my inner geek.

At the top of the big climb. I don't know how steep the final 1/4 mile was, I heard anywhere from 12 to 21%, but it was steep!

Our cheering section, waiting for us to arrive.

Here we come. 

100 miles later, still smilin'

Me and my family

Greg and his clan

It feels good to just lay in the grass after a ride like that...

... but, that doesn't mean that you don't want to get up and dance!


yes, we are "dancing" to Poker Face by Lady GaGa. Sorry.

a little recuperation time in the hot tub.

After some time in the pool, we decided to go get some Mexican food. I think that this needs to be a new tradition. We found this really, really good Mexican restaurant (who knew that Brigham City would have such a good place to eat!)

The hotel has already been reserved for the 2012 Tour de Cure!

1 comment:

Loving the Bike said...

Congratulations on the ride....and pass on a congratulations to Greg for doing his first century. I think celebrating a ride like that with some Tex Mex is the best way to round out a great day.


Darryl