22 July 2011

Food Friday: Banana Ice Cream (vegan)

July is National Ice Cream Month. And, since I talked about it on Monday, I guess I’ll post a recipe for banana ice cream (vegan, of course).

It’s a painfully simple recipe, with only a few ingredients. I’ve made it twice now, with very good results both times. My decidedly non-vegan brother-in-law really enjoyed it, and suggested that I work on a Bananas Foster variation, using this recipe as a base. We’ll have to see…

Banana Ice Cream (vegan)

Ingredients:

  • 3 ripe bananas (the riper, the bananas are, the better the flavor of the ice cream) 
  • 2 cups non-dairy milk (almond milk is my preferred choice) 
  • ½ cup sugar 
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract 
  • pinch salt

Directions:

  1. Add all ingredients to a blender, and puree until smooth. 
  2. Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.

That’s it! Like I said, very easy and super simple.

Nothing better after a ride on a hot day than cooling off with a nice bowl of ice cream. Enjoy!

No comments: