06 November 2008

It's Thursday.

What's that supposed to mean? I don't know. I couldn't come up with a title for today's ramble, so I figured that I would just state the obvious.

Since the snow that came yesterday decided to stick around today, I figured that now is as good a time as any to start my winter bike maintenance. Where I take the bikes downstairs to my "work shop", and they sit until I get around to cleaning and adjusting them. My bike has already been through this process when I replaced the bottom bracket and crank last week. Now it is time for my daughter's road bike. Her bike is sitting up on the workstand with the bottom bracket disassembled and the parts sitting in a frisbee on the shelf. The chain is soaking in a bottle of simple green. The boys are still riding their bikes to school (sad that their dad is too much of a roadie wimp to go out and ride, but they still do), so I will get to theirs later.

I think I will clear out a space for the trainer and get that set up so I can start riding again this weekend, but as with anything else, we will have to see what other things vie for my time.

No comments: