14 January 2009

I need your help.

I need your help.

I don't ask for much from my readers - aside from your continual overlooking of my poor grammar and bad spelling. And, of course, for you to keep reading my blog...

I do have to ask a favor from you now.

As you may or may not know. I have been involved with the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure ride for the past 4 years. The first year I was only a participant, and since then I have been on the planning committee as one of the people responsible for organizing the event, and making sure that everything runs smoothly. The 2006 Tour de Cure was the first century that I ever rode, and it has been an integral part in me getting back into cycling.

Diabetes has touched many, people in my life. Several relatives and friends have been affected by diabetes. Needless to say that this cause is very important to me.

Now for the favor. I need your support, or more correctly the American Diabetes Association needs your support. Money raised for the ADA will be used to fight diabetes through research and education programs such as the Diabetes Expo on Saturday Feb 28th at the South Towne Expo Center (I will be there riding my bike on a trainer from 9:00 to noon. Come and mock me if you are in the area) Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference in the lives of more than 20 million Americans who suffer from diabetes and another 41 million people in the United States with pre-diabetes. Everyone knows someone who is affected by diabetes, it could be a friend, family member, or even yourself!

I know times are tough. but I am not asking for you to contribute large amounts of money to the ADA (I certainly won't discourage you from sending large amounts of money if you are able to...) Even $25 will help immensely.

What could do with $25 instead of giving it to the ADA?

$25 is movie, popcorn and drinks for two
$25 is a large pizza for your family
$25 is a date night for you and your significant other
$25 is a new shirt
$25 is a new release DVD
and so on...

I am asking you to sacrifice one date nite, or a new DVD and instead help the ADA fight diabetes. It's fast and easy to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by selecting "Click to Support Me" . I thank you for your support, and everyone who your contribution helps thanks you.

If you would like to join me, the Golden Spike Century is a really nice ride through rural northern Utah with a stop at the Golden Spike National Monument (one year, we even had to wait for one of the trains they use in the re-creation of the spike ceremony to cross the road). If you don't feel inclined to ride, volunteers are always needed - it takes a lot of help to put on a ride like this.

More information on the American Diabetes Association, its programs and diabetes in general can be found at the Association's Web site: www.diabetes.org

Click here for more information on the Tour de Cure Golden Spike Century

Click here to visit my personal page.

Click here to view the team page for Gold's Gym Utah

4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Where are you buying your pizza? ; )

This is a great cause and I'm so proud of you for you continual support to the ADA. Way to go, Hon.

I love you!!! k

Bike Junkie said...

certainly not from Little Caesars, cause their pizza sucks!

Steph said...

Hey Kendall we just wanted to let you know we are sorry to hear about your brother. We hope everything works out! Your family is in our prayers. What a sad thing!
We also would like to contribute to the diabetis thing so we will do that soon.

Whitneys'

Marly said...

Kendall, I so wish we were in a position to give to your chosen cause - it really is a good one. Know that I support you though, and I offer my prayers for your personal struggles (per Kelly) as well. Thinking of you...