03 June 2010

How not to train...

It's the first week in June...

Next Saturday, I am riding in a charity century.

Two weeks after that, I have another charity ride. This time, 170 miles over two days.

A month after that, I am racing in my first Olympic-distance triathlon.

Two weeks later, it's a sprint-distince tri

And, I'm sure that there's some ride or race that I'm forgetting about.

Not the busiest schedule, but still quite a few things coming up. You would think that I'm getting up every morning to train, and squeezing in long rides on the weekends to get ready for the upcomming events. You would think that, but you would be wrong. I "should" be training, but I'm not. I haven't swam laps in a pool since November, and I haven't slipped on the running shoes since then either. I've also been neglecting the bike recently.

I don't really have an excuse.

I need to change that. I need to go to the pool this weekend and renew my membership. Pull the bike off the trainer, put on the strechy pants, and get outside for some much-needed skinny-tire time. I need to plug the Nike+ into the iPod, slip on the running shoes, and hit the running trails around the neighborhood.

I'm not going into any of these events with the notion that I am going to place, but it would be nice not to cross the finish line dead last, sucking wind. 

No comments: