21 July 2010

Jens Voigt is tougher than you!

Yes, Jens Voigt is tougher than you. It's a given, just accept it.

After crashing and destroying his bike 2 km into the decent down Peyresourde Pass due to a front tire blowout in yesterday's stage he was looking at possibly being forced out of the tour due to crashing for the second year in a row.

The team car was up behind Andy Shleck, which left him with no bike.

So then the broom wagon pulled up and was like, “Do you want to just get in?” And I said, “Oh no, I don’t need YOU!” But there I am with blood spurting out my left elbow and no bike. Finally, the race organizers got me a bike, but it was this little yellow junior bike. It was way too small for me and even had old-fashioned toe-clip pedals. But that is the only way I could get down the mountain, so I had to ride it for like 15-20 kilometers until I finally got to a team car with my bike.
Jens Voigt descends the Peyresourde Pass on a loaner bike after a crash shattered his own (Robin Wilmott)
I just thought, “Oh no, I’m going to Paris this year, I’m going to Paris. There’s just no way you are going to get me out of this race for the second year in a row!”
This is the reason Jens Voigt is one of the HARDmen of the peleton. Go Jens!

From Bicycling Magazine

No comments: