Depending on who you ask, you could get any number of answers. What people carry in their seat bags varies greatly. Some cyclists don’t use a seat bag - instead they stuff their jersey pockets, or rely on support vehicles. Others are the envy of the Boy Scouts - they are prepared for anything and everything. They carry so much, they would be better off pulling a trailer behind them.
I tend toward the minimalist side of things when it comes to my seat bag, carrying only what I consider the bare necessities.
My bag contains :
- CO2 cartritge with a mini head
- 1 tire lever (in case I can't remove the tire with my hands)
- a Madsen Cycles mint tin that contains my patch kit (the following items)
- $1 bill - as an emergency tire boot, or emergency money
- patches (need to refill the kit, only 2 patches left)
- patch glue
Where do you fall? Boy Scout, minimalist or somewhere in between?