17 June 2008

My very own bike to work challenge.

Over the next 3 days, I am going to try my hand at bicycle commuting. My lovely wife is heading for the wilds of Idaho on Wednesday to spend some "girls only" time with her aunt and sister-in-law in some stone house on an island in the middle of a lake, or river, or some other similar body of water. I don't have all of the details, but given it is going to be 3 women, I don't believe that it will be as rustic, or "roughing it" as my imagination is leading me to believe. She will be gone until Sunday. Since I don't have the luxury of being able to take time off of work, We are recruting my mom to help watch the kids while I go to work.

Since I will still have to work, I decided that this would be a perfect excuse to ride my bike to and from work. So as my wife packs to go to Idaho, the kids and I will pack to go to my mom's for the rest of the week, and I am going to become a bike commuter. I rode from my mom's and back on bike to work day in May, but I haven't tried to do it on multiple days. I will try to post updates on how it is going.

No comments: