I will announce the surprise at the end of this post. (If you don't have the patience to wait till the end of the post to find out what the surprise is, I'll give you a hint: There is a clue to the surprise in the title of the post)
But first. I fed my highly trained test panel the three varieties of Element Endurance bars that Tom sent me to get their reaction. The three bars were Blueberry Blast, Cherry Charge, and Cranberry Crunch. Here are the results:
Wife: Favorite- Cherry Charge, liked the crispy base.The Cherry Charge was clearly the most popular of the three bars.
KJ(15): Favorite - Blueberry Blast, liked the peanut butter core and texture.
J(12): Favorite - Cherry Charge, liked the cherries
HJ(7): Favorite - Cherry Charge, liked the cherries
Remember, that the great thing about Element Bars - aside from the fact that everything it's all natural - is that you can design your own bars. Not crazy about blueberries? Don't put them in your bars.
As I mentioned in the previous post, Element Bars has two different varieties. The original bars, and their Element Endurance bars which are targeted at endurance athletes. The Endurance bars contain higher amounts of protein to help with your active endurance lifestyle. (note: the protein is whey protein and therefore not vegan friendly, the original bars contain no whey protein - unless you add it - and can be created completely vegan)
So, here's the surprise. My first contest! One of you, my dear readers, will be able to win your own box of twelve Element Bars that you can design yourself!
Here's how it will work:
- Go to http://www.elementbars.com/ and take a look at their custom bar design process.
- Or, go to http://www.elementendurance.com/ if you are interested in their endurance bars.
- Come back here, and leave a comment on this post telling me what you would put in your very own bar.
- This is the important part - In your comment about what you would put in your bar, name your bar. Be clever, be witty, be cool, this is what will win you the prize. My highly trained test panel (which is also a pretty good judge of contests) will help select the most creative bar name, and that person will win a box of their very own creation. You can choose either the original bars, or the Element Endurance bars for your box.
- The contest will run till the end of August with the winner announced on Friday, September 3rd.
Pure AwesomenessThanks to Tom and Element Bars for allowing me to give away a box of their great bars. Go check them out at www.elementbars.com/ and http://www.elementendurance.com/. While you are coming up with your creation for the contest go ahead and order a box for yourself.
- Datey core
- Soy protein
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Spice
Good luck! I can't wait to see what names you come up with.