01 February 2011

Riding for a Cure

There are as many charity rides out there as there are causes. Unless you are a hermit and eschew all human contact, you can pick any one of the causes out there, and you probably know - or are related to someone whose life has been affected by it.

For the past 6 years, I have ridden in - and raised money for the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure. I have several family members and good friends that are afflicted with diabetes, and this cause has become very important to me over the years.

Last year, a good friend asked me to ride with him and his family in the local Bike MS ride. This is a ride that I have thought about doing before, as my sister-in-law has been affected by multiple sclerosis for most of her adult life. I had such a great time riding with my friends over the course of 175 miles and 2 days, that I decided that this ride needed to become a regular event on my yearly calendar.

This year, I am registered for both rides, and have fundraising goals to meet for each one. I am asking for your help in raising money for both of these very worthy causes. Any amount will be greatly appreciated. Seriously, $1 will be as welcome as $10. Any amount.

If you would like to help in my fundraising efforts for the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure, click here, or on the ADA logo.



If you would like to help in my fundraising efforts for the Bike MS Best Dam Bike Ride, click here, or on the Bike MS logo.


Thank you in advance for any help you can give me, and thank you for your support of these causes.

No comments: